Part time conveyancer required
We are a dynamic law firm based in Claremont, Cape Town and are looking for an admitted attorney who is also a conveyancer and notary. Ideally, we would like to employ someone who is available for a half day five days a week but who is quite senior and experienced and able to run a conveyancing department alone.
If you wish to apply for this position, you must:
- have the ability to prepare and review agreements of sale and lease agreements;
- have experience in conventional, sectional, estate and development transfers;
- be able to attend to notarial contracts including ANCs;
- be able to attend to mortgage bonds and notarial bonds;
- be able to reconcile a conveyancing transaction;
- be able to handle all the legal and paralegal parts of a transfer;
- have a keen interest in technology and be able and willing to learn how to run a conveyancing department with online systems;
- previous conveyancing experience is essential (at least 5 years or more);
- be committed to properly FICA clients
- be comfortable with liaising with clients, estate agents and other attorneys;
- be able to work independently and as part of a team with good interpersonal skills;
- have strong administrative and organisation skills;
- be focused on attention to detail;
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- have good telephone etiquette;
- be fully computer literate with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel and
- have a valid driver’s license and vehicle to attend to registrations at the Deed Office from time to time.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Apply with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org